Pakistan reports less than 3,000 new cases for first time in nearly a month as positivity rate drops
Pakistan has detected 2,799 new coronavirus cases in the last 24 hours, marking the first time in nearly a month that daily infections fell below 3,000.
The country had last recorded fewer than 3,000 infections on January 11 when 2,074 cases were confirmed. Moreover, 37 people died of the virus in the last 24 hours.
The national positivity rate has also dropped to 5.3 per cent from 7.5pc a day earlier.
The countrywide breakdown is as follows:
- Sindh: 850 cases, 1 death
- Punjab: 448 cases, 15 deaths
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa: 974 cases, 12 deaths
- Balochistan: 34 cases, 4 deaths
- Islamabad: 359 cases, 2 deaths
- Gilgit-Baltistan: 49 cases
- Azad Jammu and Kashmir: 85 cases, 3 deaths